New Delhi: Manipuri local students staged a protest demonstration here against the growing incidents of murderous attack on Muslims in their home state Manipur. The protest march was organized by the Delhi Association of Manipur Muslim Students (DAMMS) in front of the Manipur Bhawan here on Saturday demanding stern actions against the culprit who involved in brutal assault on six Manipuri Muslim Students at Iram Siphai. All the boys, who were injured in the attack, was school going children, and three of them were shifted to a hospital in Guwahati in critical condition.
Muslim Mirror reported the incident as the Congress-led Manipur government still did not take any action against attackers. It is to be recalled that the six Muslim boys were mercilessly beaten when they were going to see Thabal Chongba” on March 25 during the Yoashang festival.
मुस्लिम परिवार में शादीे करने के इच्छुक है तो अभी फोटो देखकर अपना जीवन साथी चुने (फ्री)- क्लिक करें
Protesting the government’s action at the Manipur Bhawan, a large number of students hailing from Delhi University, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and Jamia Millia Islamia raised slogans against the government and submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister of Manipur through Resident Commissioner.
Arif Sajad BS, who is the president of DAMMS, said Manipur has been becoming the hotbed of communal forces as attack on the minority members are being carried out with full impunity. He said the state government‘s attitude is the most condemnable that forced us to stage protest here. He said NEFIS also joined the protest in solidarity with the Manipur students.
Protesting students submitted a memorandum demanding:
- To book the accused and immediately arrest the culprit,
- To take the necessary action to check such incident in future.
- To safeguard minorities interest and guarantee the right to life,
- To provide the financial assistance to the victims for medical treatment, (3 of them are being treated on the hospitals in Guwahati due to the seriousness of injury),
- To increase the security patrolling in the communally sensitive areas. If the government fails to take actions within one week, further steps and protests will be continued to get justice with various student organizations and civil societies based in both Manipur and Delhi.
By Muslim Mirror News,